Get ready for the ISTEP!
ISTEP/GQE TEST DATES:
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday:
September 18, 19, and 20
In Indiana, all students in grades 3 through10 take the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus (ISTEP+). The test includes English/language arts and math at each grade. Solid reading, writing and math skills are "must haves" for a successful future.
Get ready to do your best on the ISTEPs by checking out the following information:
Attend as many review sessions as you need. Here are the dates and times. Take advantage of these sessions to help you do your best!
Sept. 5, 10, 12, 17
2:45 - 3:45 pm
Rooms 211 and 212
Language Arts Review Sessions:
Sept. 6, 11, 13, 17
2:45- 3:45 pm
Rooms 112 and 219
Miss Mumaugh and Mr. Brumley have put together sample questions and problems for students to work on. This a great way to review and get practice! To get to the sample questions, follow these steps:
1. Access through Internet Explorer. In address bar, type in:
(NOTE that there is no www. before address.)
2. Click on ISTEP REVIEW.
3. Log in (upper right-hand corner or when prompted to log in) use your standard Hobart High
School log in user name and password.
4. Choose English or Math Review.
5. On left hand side, select enroll me in this course and follow directions.
6. Select quiz. There are 10 English quizzes (#s 1-10) and 12 math quizzes (#s 1-7).
7. Select Attempt quiz now and complete quiz.
8. Select Submit all and finish.
9. Information will Continue even if you do not choose the option.
10. You will see grade and corrected quiz. A small red x=incorrect; a large red X=incorrect and your answer; a small green check=correct; a large green check=correct and your answer.
11. You will have the option to retake the quiz and may retake it.
MORE INFORMATION: You can find more helpful information about test-taking and preparing for the test at: learnmoreindiana.org.